How to upgrade SQL Azure server to the latest version
To upgrade a SQL Azure Database server to the latest version you need to perform
the following steps:
1. Log in to to the new Windows Azure
portal and make a click on "Browse".
2. Choose SQL Servers from the list.
3. Select the Azure SQL Database server you would like to upgrade.
4. Choose the "Latest SQL Database Update" option, and then click on the
"Upgrade this server" option on the right panel.
5. The upgrade server option only work when the databases on the server are
using the Basic, Standard or Premium service tiers. If databases on the server
are using the Web and Business tiers then they should be upgraded first, by
making a click on the red rectangle area shown on below image, before proceeding
to upgrade the whole database server.
Scroll down on below screen.
6. Make a click on the "Change pricing tier" as shown on below image.
7. Make a click on the new tier you would like to select and then make a click
on the "Select" button.
8. To confirm the upgrade procedure, type the name of the SQL Azure Database
server and click on "Ok".
9. The upgrade process is now in progress as shown on below image.
Below image shows the "Enabled" message that results of a successful upgrade